Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Jesus Year!

Today I turned 33!

I feel old...but in a good way...I feel wiser...calmer about EVERYTHING...not anxious or striving about stuff or the future...I feel ABSOLUTELY TOTALLY BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE!!!!!

We had a nice day at home...had delicious cake Donnie bought...then we went out to Adam's Mill Restaraunt...coconut shrimp was my favorite...yummo!

Then we went to see 2012...Donnie is so bad to bring me to such a long terrible movie on my birthday...LOL!!! :o) I am just teasing...I had a wonderful time...just thought the movie was terrible...totally NOT realistic and bad acting! ha! :o) Anyways!

One thing that was in my heart all day was how many hours I have been on this earth...Instead of thinking of the years, I thought about the hours...wow...every single hour is a gift. There are so many things you can do in an hour:

read some books to your kids
go for a jog
cook a meal
call a friend and encourage them
write a sermon outline
pray for the world
sing and dance with your kids
take a nap

There are also so many ways to waist and hour:

whining
complaining
being lazy (sometimes good)
worrying
obsessing

...I will not waste a single hour...I will live every one of the hours I am blessed with on purpose and with thanks...especially the hours with my kids and my husband!!! Thank you, Jesus!!! It is not so much what you do in a day that impacts a life, it is what you can do in an hour. Meaningless days can come and go with regret, but an hour of focus can change a life!

No comments: