Friday, September 30, 2011

50 Bowers Power Points


Bowers School has Power! What a cute slogan, especially for a Christian family who LOVES the Power VBS cd... We know the All-Powerful One!!! :) hehe
Well, for all the little good things the kids do, like saying "please" and "thank you" Or sitting quietly, listening, helping a classmate, being a good friend, they earn what is called Bowers Power Points... One point for each thing. Well, Liliana was the second one in her class to get her first 25 and she did so within the first 5 days of school. For each 25 earned, the students have their names announced over the school-wide loud speaker and they get a sticker, a certificate and a visit to the principals office to shake her hand.
Yesterday Liliana earned her second 25, bringing her to 50 Bowers Power Points!!! :) Knowing this, I planned to have Liliana not ride the bus so we could walk her to the school doors so I could, again, hear her name said over the loud speaker... And yes, I brought my iPod to record it!!!
We are SO SO proud of you, Liliana!!! You are an amazing girl through and through... Just exceptional in so many ways!!!! :)
The song that has been playing in my heart and mind all day is "This Little Light of Mine"... And Liliana, you are letting yours shine, so bright!!!
I love you, my big girl!!! Xoxoxo

1 comment:

SEASONS OF LIFE said...

Liliana I heard the school annouce your name for getting 25 power points again! You are a super student. I am proud to be your Grandma and best friend. Love you forever! Grandma ( GRANDMARIE)