Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sleep Part 2

While you can try all of the formulas in the book on any parenting topic there is only one sure Book that works without fail...GOD'S WORD & prayer! :o)

Luke 8:22-25 Jesus Sleeps in the Boat through the storm...Jesus was completely relaxed and at peace, even when the world around him was in turmoil.

Psalm 4:8 “I will lay down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.”

Psalm 127:2b “…He grants sleep to those He loves.”

In addition to scripture and prayer, I plan to read to Liliana before naptime for about 1/2 hour...just like we do at bed time! Hopefully this will calm her mind and body down to relax to take naps...ha! We will see... :o)

While on the sleep topic, I should note how way cute and hilarious it is to watch Noah tucking himself in at night. As many times as we tuck him in, he stands right up and rearranges everything and lays down and works so hard to get each animal just so-so and his blanket on him just right. It is too cute and cracks me up!!! It takes him forever! :o)

I talk about bedtime routines all the time, because I love them, but here is it is again:
Bath
goofy time
Story time - Bible story(s), devos and Through and Through
Dim the lights
prayers
songs as we tuck them in, etc... (Jesus Loves Me, Oh How I Love Jesus, etc.)
Sneak out of the room

No comments: