Monday, October 5, 2009

Party Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

Daddy has taken Liliana on lots of Daddy-Daughter dates lately. Saturday night after church they hit Mc Donalds for a good ole' Happy Meal... He let her place her own order. I took her on a date there about a week ago and she loved it! She thought it was the COOLEST thing EVER! I love her innocence and appreciation for the simplest things in life...I did not buy the Happy Meal though, Mommies are too frugal for that...LOL!
Evidence in the photo above indicates that there has been yet another Daddy-Daughter visit to good ole' Micky-D's...He took her there today for another Happy Meal.


Here they are headed out on their date and Noah had to join in for a big hug!
In order to distract Noah from realizing that he was not going "bye-bye" with Daddy, I gave him two marshmallows...Donnie's suggestion...of course. Noah loves marshmallows
Back to the date: Donnie had a discussion with Liliana yesterday and quickly realized that she had NO IDEA what a movie theater was or what it entailed! He could not wait to treat his girl to a trip to the movies! I love this photo, she looks like a little old lady in those 3-D glasses.

They ate popcorn, stawberry flavored gummy worms, orange slice soda and watched Partly Cloudy with a Change of Meatballs. Liliana's first words to me when she got home were "Mommy, it was crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy (like 12 times in a very dramatic voice) and then gave me a giant hug." She loved it! They both had a blast!

Funny parts: half-way into it Liliana said to Donnie "Daddy, I have to go poo-poo and pee-pee"! That is my baby girl!!! So innocent!!! Love it!!! Then like 10 minutes before the end of the movie she said to Donnie "Daddy, lets just forget it and go home". She got tired of sitting there watching a movie...that's my girl!!! We don't watch a lot of movies and she has never seen a princess movie...I think they are pointless if not damaging to a child's perspective on reality.

No comments: