Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My First Jack-O-Lantern...I think...

Tonight, we picked up Roxie and went to BJ's and bought a pumpkin and got to work! It was so fun and so messy! We carved it, roasted the seeds and I made a pumpkin pie...out of the canned pumpkin...this was spur of the moment, so I did not have a "from-scratch" recipe...ha! Delicious nonetheless!
Too cute! The kids both LOVE Roxie! Awe! Noah calls her Oxie...
We had Liliana & Noah draw on the pumpkin before we carved it. She drew spiders all over it. Her spiders are so cute! Why she chose to draw spiders, I don't know! Cute!
I was having so much fun carving the face on the pumpkin that I was oblivious to the fun the kids were having on the floor...ahh...ha! There was pumpkin on the cabinets and floor. Too fun! :o)
I DO NOT in any way acknowledge Halloween...I just enjoyed the art of pumpkin carving! I carved a sweet HAPPY face...Hallelujah!!!
I don't remember making jack-o-lanterns growing up...I am sure we did...but it was not a big deal for us or something, because it is not something that sticks out in my mind.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oooo...I bet that stuff can really make a mess!