Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Priest of Our Home


No pun intended. hehe.
I am a little shy to write from my heart on this because I have "readers" out there, but like you, I do this blog for me and for my kids when the grow up to look back on. So, for that reason, I will write on...
Last night we had our CCIF (Crossroads Community International Fellowship) Annual Leadership Banquet at church. It was exceptional. I am not really into banquets, because I am such a practical person and really look for how everything we spend our time and energy on effects people in their common lives. Well, I saw the beautiful big picture and the great value of this banquet last night. I appreciated all of the testimonies given of the various CCIF credential holders and their ministries within the church and I really feel that coming together and having them share from their hearts brought them, in a sense to a deeper realization of what God is doing in and through them. I appreciate each and every leader and servant in our church and have such a heart to cheer them on for the kingdoms' sake and see others step up into service too.
A personally special part of the banquet was when my love, Donnie, walked up those steps to that chior stand of a pulpit and proceed to give a most beautiful and excellent graduation ceremony for CCIBI (Crossroads Community International Bible Institute). He is the Academic Deen of CCIBI and also a professor. I saw him in such a "prestigious" light and as he walk up those steps, I saw how mature he has become in the Lord and it just made me think of our Bibleschool professors and how I use to see them in that light and now that is Donnie. I just love him so much and am so proud of him and of God in Him. Thank you Lord Jesus - it is all for you!!! I Love you!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Isn't it awesome to see our guys in the light of their ministry. It is so easy to just see them as our husband and daddy, but there is this whole side of them that is so cool. What great men of God.