Monday, December 22, 2008

My Five Most Favorite Things About Christmas

1. Christmas Eve Candlelight Service! Definitely! It is my most favorite service of the year. It is so special, simple, beautiful and sentimental. If is a service where time stands still and the only thing spoken of or sung about is our Precious, Lord and Savior, Jesus! No announcements, no fillers, just Jesus. This is what Christmas is all about. I thought of something the other day as I was thinking about the whole Santa bologna... I love my birthday and if some big dude in a red suit tried to steal my birthday, I would not have it! So, why do this the day we celebrate Jesus' birth? :o)

2. The special memories made with family. The whole Christmas routine for us as a family is all new because our children are so small, but there are some traditions I look forward to starting this year since Liliana is almost 3 and old enough to help bake cookies, etc. I will post about these new traditions after Christmas.

3. Christmas music - love it!

4. Our Christmas Family photo. This always seems to be a good time to snap a good picture of the family all dressed up together after the Christmas Eve service.

5. I love all of the funny new Christmas movies that come out every year. Elf is one of my favorite and of coarse, It's a Wonderful Life... not funny, but love it!

There are so many things I love about Christmas! I love the business of the mall, the special seasonal scents at Bath & Body works, the lights and decorations.

No comments: