Friday, September 19, 2008

Bzzzzz.......


Yes, Bee Movie is cute, but today, I am not buying it... today was the day of Liliana's first bee sting, and hopefully last... I have never been stung (as far as my mom and I know). She is such a tough little goose - she did not shed a tear, just did a couple of "ouch" jigs and hid her hand under her shirt and asked for a bandaid. The incident happened this morning at our favorite park. She was sitting at the bottom of the slide and I looked over at her and saw a big bee, just like the one in the picture. I was sitting on the ground a few feet away with Noah in my arms, so I said "Liliana, you have a bee in your hair - go like this - showing her to wave at it with her hand, but instead she grabbed it as any innocent two year old would and boom - in goes the stinger right into her right hand. He then fell dead to the ground, as bees do after stinging and I plucked the stinger out of her hand. I did not make a big deal about it, just said "that bee wasn't very nice was he".

No comments: