Friday, September 12, 2008

A Beautiful Day

Yesterday was such a beautiful day. It was a simple day really, we went to the park for a couple of hours and then to Stop-n-Shop. I have just recently started going there and I love that store. I know it sounds cheesy, but I love everything about it, the purple vests, the produce and even the club card has a pretty picture on it. Oh, and I have been looking for flip-flops small enough for Liliana all summer... I looked everywhere and yesterday I found them - at Stop-n-Shop of all places! They are my favorite green color too! I wanted flip flops so she can just put them on herself. The kids even love that store. On our way out Liliana said "I don't want to leave." Wow!!!

Okay, so back to what made the day so beautiful... special moments completely focused on the moment - my two babies! and Strangers smiling and striking up conversation. I am a very social person and I just love it when other people are comfortable enough to... well, break a smile... sometimes Donnie and I just want to say to people "it's okay to smile." I have made it one of my missions in life to get people to smile. :o) I use to take it personal when someone seemed "rude" or "grouchy", but now I see it as a challenge to shine the love of Jesus into their day and bring a smile to their face and it really works... most people look shocked to see that a stranger took the time to look them in the eye and say a kind word.

Lord Jesus, help us to be concious each moment that eternity is a breath away and that this life is all about bringing others to know you. :o)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

A breath away...if only we could grasp that we are not here for us...its not about us. Thanks for the reminder.

I like S & S too. The prices are consistently lower on just about all their products.