Monday, March 7, 2011

Dear Liliana

Dear Liliana,

Hi! :) It is 11:05 pm and I should be in bed sleeping right now, but before I go up to dream the night away I want to spend a few moments to document some of the super-sweet and amazing things God has been doing in your heart lately. :)

Thursday, February 24th as I was tucking you, Liliana, in to bed and saying bedtime prayers with you, you rolled over and whispered privately, "Jesus, Come into my heart...", then rolled back over and said "guess what I just prayed"... and then told me. AWE! You did this all on your own accord.

We always pray before we go anywhere that God would help us to be sweet, and gentle and to share and to show God's love to everyone we meet.

You have been praying this prayer over every meal for as long as I can remember... at least the past year... "Thank you Jesus, for this food, help our bodies to be nice and strong, Amen." Now Noah prays this prayer too, even at bedtime, hehe.

At bedtime prayers we (me, you and Noah) say "Goodnight, Jesus!" and we blow Him a big kiss and give Him a big air-hug.

Every time you hear an ambulance, you pray for the people who have a booboo and if you see someone's car stuck in the snow, you pray for God to help them get it out. So sweet! :)

The other day as we were driving in the van you asked me why God made bees to sting us. :) Since this question came out of the blue as we were parking somewhere, I gave the best answer that popped into my head, that "God did not make the bees to sting us on purpose, but sometimes bees get scared and sting us". While this answer is true, I gave you the technical theological answer two days later when you asked me why God made bears to bite us. :) I told you that it all roots back to when Adam and Eve decided to disobey God and bite the apple. I talked to you about how that first act of disobedience caused all of God's creatures to start doing bad things and so that is why animals sometimes do things to hurt people. And that most of the times animals do harmful things to humans because they get scared.

You have also been asking me a lot about how God made everything... like "how did God make people"... "hair, teeth, skin, trees, paper, leaves, etc..." :)

All in all, I am LOVING every moment and am SO SO HONORED that God has placed you in our lives and am beyond thankful that God is using me to have these very special talks with you! You are a very tenderhearted person and have some very thoughtful questions. You are an AMAZING girl and I LOVE YOU BEYOND MEASURE!!!!!!!

XOXOX!
Mommy...
Now off to bed so I can have lots of energy for our big day tomorrow... everyday is a big day for us! ha! :)

No comments: