Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Prayers for Eeyore

Today I was reading one of the cutest Winnie the Pooh books I got at Target for a dollar. Inevitably, we got to the part of the story where we found Eeyore sad - shocker, I know! :o) Well, Liliana asked why he is always sad and I said I don't know honey, as I was unable to think of a good reason as I have always been perplexed about why they put a perpetually sad character in a cartoon too. He is cute though. Anyways, she then said "let's pray for him". Here is Liliana's prayer for Eeyore:

"Dear Jesus, please help Eeyore to not be sad and help him to not spit up and help him to feel better. AMEN"

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Isn't it humbling and incredible when our kids initiate prayer and think compassionately? Nothing better!

A spitting up problem would make me sad, too. :)

Meg A. said...

OH MY WORD this is the cutest!! So sweet! And the fact that she is convinced that his problem entails spitting up?? PRICELESS!