Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Writer, A Poet, a future Novelist?

Tonight on the way to church as we talked about who would be going to who's class, Liliana said this about the Wednesday night teacher of the 4 year olds, Miss Mary (Mrs. Mary Anduaga), a highly revered Puerto Rican woman of God in her 60's who is a nurse and has done countless years of missionary work in places like Guatemala and Peru. She has a very strong accent and very tan skin color:

"Mommy, I know why Miss Mary loves God so much and is so much like Him! ...Because she looks like a deer.  I don't mean that disrespectful at all, let me tell you what I mean when I say she looks like a deer... she looks like a deer and has dark skin like a deer and Jesus rode on a donkey and donkey's have four legs and deer have four legs and Miss Mary looks like a deer that is similar to a donkey that carried Jesus, so that is why she loves God so much."

I could NOT believe my ears!!!  :)  I have shared this with a couple of friends and they loved it, one was blown away and said I need to write it down because she sounds like a gifted writer and the other person, Sister Ann said that sounds like the kind of connection she would have made!  :)

Love you, Bear!  xoxo

No comments: