Thursday, March 15, 2012

A New Season - Mary and Martha

For the past 6 years and 9 months, almost to the day, I have been either pregnant or breastfeeding with the acception of about 6 months inbetween Noah and Elia.  For the first time I feel like I fully have my body all to myself, not sharing it with a growing or breastfeeding baby and while many women are thrilled to have their "body's back"... I am actually in a weird spot with it.  I especially miss breastfeeding... so much!  For me, it was never an invonvenience or a burden... I loved every minute of it.  I loved the bonding, the relaxing hormone that came with it, the time that it forced me to SIT for at least 15 minutes at various times throughout the day.  I loved just watching the kids feed and how they would put all their bodies into it and what a whole experience it was for them too.  I miss the eye contact and them playing with my hair or sticking their foot on my chin while feeding.  When it comes to being a "Mary" or a "Martha", like the two sisters who had Jesus in their home, I am 100% MARTHA... I don't naturally enjoy cooking or cleaning as an every day thing but I LOVE snuggling, talking, reading books and anything "bonding".  It takes a mental effort for the most part for me to be organized, plan meals, get anywhere for any reason - on time.  While I know I would pass a test of sitting at Jesus' feet with flying colors for choosing "the better" as He put it to Martha, I tend to "fail" lots of other life tests by not being more of a Martha.  I am working hard on tapping in to my "inner-Martha" and am learning that many of the "duties" of life can be bonding, but more that most of life is filled with tasks, doctors appointments, homework, piano, school work, chores and loads of discipline.  I am very thankful I have had the opportunity to be home pretty much full time with the kids and especially for the time I have had to exclusively breastfeed all three kids (Liliana for 13 months, Noah for 18 and Elia for 17) without hindrance or even needing to pump for more than a handful of times!  I am thankful for the slow pace we have enjoyed of being home, living by our own schedule, going here and there whenever we pleased, visiting museums and parks.  I realize that most families do not have such luxuries and that I am extremely blessed.  So, I say, Thank you, Jesus, SO MUCH for this season, and please help me now to find a greater strength in discipline and serving others.  We all have our strengths and I know what mine are and am askng for help with the other parts of me!  :)

SO THANKFUL, BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE AND EMPOWERED FOR THIS NEW SEASON OF LIFE!

1 comment:

SEASONS OF LIFE said...

Wow I had to catch up. I've been playing a game I'm hooked on. I am impressed that a 6 year old is wittessing to her teacher about Jesus. Oh I bet shes a joy at school. I look like Liliana when I brush my teeth. I really get into it. That is cute how Noah put the toothbrush in the wall. Elia is gorgious. I love the picture of her legs with your shoes on. I love you ALL! Grand ma and MOMA