Friday, March 6, 2009

Temper-Tantrums


Our sweet, calm, romantic little love-bug has hit the temper-tantrum stage and in full-swing! You wouldn't believe it by the photo above of him feeding me his apple. He loves to feed me things. :o) I take the food - sometimes - depending on what it is... sometimes I just pretend to take it.
Well, speaking of these temper tantrums. Last night, he was NOT willing to go to bed - he was MAD!!! I personally think he is cute when he is mad... it cracks me up that he can get SO MAD and I don't let it bother me at all because I know he will get over it! Well, I put him in his crib and he was yelling and crying and stomping and I tried to get him to snuggle his blankie and he threw it across the bed, then went over, picked it up and threw it again, then threw it out of the crib. At that point I was like - "I'm outta here, you go ahead and be mad" and walked out. Well 2 minutes later I hear this loud thud and thought "uh-oh" and ran to his room to find him walking towards me - MAD! :o) He jumped out of his crib and he was so mad he did not care about his landing, he just popped up and walked towards the door. I then got him to calm down and tried laying him on Liliana's bed to sleep (she was in our bed due to his loud tantrum), but he did not have it, he stood at the gate crying, so down the stairs he went with daddy to join us for ice-cream and American Idol... hey, at 8 AI comes on and that is that. :o)
The rest of the night was loaded with more tantrums and a good 6 hours of him conked out on the bed with me...
He is SO attached to mommy - I know part of this is seperation anxiety... he follows me around everywhere so desperate for me to pick him up.

Mommie's Little Love-Bug

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOL!!! I love this blog!!! After an ugly tantrum with Nate the other day, we had such a beautiful teaching moment. He was so sorry for throwing this little table and chair and asked me to pray with him for God to help him to handle his anger in better ways next time. (of course, this was after about 20 minutes of screaming in his room - alone!)

Lisa said...

Those testing days are hard!

Amy said...

Oh boy!!! Sounds like the fun begins. Good thing those boys love their mamas so much.